Monday, March 26, 2012

Wildlife Adventure in Alvin, TX

We went to Angleton over the weekend to see Paw-Paw. We also got to visit with Aunt Renee, Aunt Dianne, Uncle Scott, Lolly and Don. Our big outing was on Saturday - we went to the Bayou Wildlife Park in Alvin. I'm not sure how long this place has been around, but it's a must-do activity the next time you're in Brazoria County or the Houston area. It's an 80-acre ranch filled with all sorts of exotic animals.


As you drive into the park, the animals start poking their heads into your vehicle to get food. Spencer wasn't so sure about that at first, but neither was I! Those ostriches and elands were pretty aggressive.


We took a tram ride all around the property where we saw and/or fed some awesome animals: camels, ostriches, emus, watusis, beefalos, zebras, elands, many varities of deer, giraffes, a white rhino...the list goes on. When a big animal approached, Spencer made sure to plant himself firmly in the center of our seat, just in case. That's why most of the pictures are of me feeding the animals. :)
 After the safari tour, Spencer rode a horse named Elizabeth and I fed the zonkey (look - we match!).


Dave took some great pictures of the animals, which I'll add to the March photo album soon.

The whole time we were there, I kept thinking how much I wish Grannie was with us because she would've really liked it. Oddly enough, there was an Elvis CD playing while we were in the petting zoo area. I thought that was neat and maybe a little sign. We will definitely go back!

1 comment:

The Mitchell Family said...

Definitely a sign....I mean how many petting zoos play Elvis??