Wednesday, July 24, 2013

4 Years, 9 Months, 18 Days


This sweet boy is getting so big. Trying to savor every day - it's such a fun time.
  • He's reading like crazy. Books, signs, you name it. One of my favorite things is when we're driving and he reads the name of the songs playing on the Sirius radio display.
  • I've been having a blast reading some "big" books to him. Winnie the Pooh, James and the Giant Peach, Fantastic Mr. Fox, etc. We're currently reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, which is making me so excited to watch the Willy Wonka movie with him. I am always amazed by his attention span. And it's the best feeling to see him practically hanging onto every word as I read aloud. "Just ONE MORE chapter, Mommy! Pleeeeeeeease?!?" And I love hearing him retell the stories to Dave over breakfast or dinner.
  • He loves to go to Jumpoline Park and play Dodge Ball with the big boys. I haven't been there yet, but Dave says the big kids are always so nice (and careful) with him.
  • He's riding his bike like a pro. We took it down to Town Lake last weekend for the first time and he rode over 3 miles (there was some complaining along the way, but he stuck with it).
  • We ate salmon for dinner one night this week and when I served it he asked, "Is this salmon wild-caught?"
  • He's getting so tall. Some mornings when we wake up I'm convinced he grew an inch overnight. 
These are just a few of the things I want to remember. Love that boy!

No comments: