Friday, March 1, 2013

Quick Catch-Up: Trip to Angleton

Been awhile since I've posted anything so I'll do a quick recap of a few things.

We finally bit the bullet and bought a new (used) vehicle. The ole' Saturn VUE was on its last legs and we didn't want to put any money into it to fix a couple of problems. Just had to get one last picture with Spencer's first car. You know me, I was feeling sentimental since it's the car we brought him home from the hospital in and all the jazz.

Two days after we bought the car, Spencer and I got to take it to Angleton. Since we both had Presidents Day off, we headed out Friday night after soccer and stayed until Sunday evening. We didn't arrive until 9:45PM so the boy was asleep when we got there. But he insisted that he needed to "sit on the couch and visit with Paw-Paw for a few minutes." We woke up bright and early Saturday and checked out the Brazosport Museum of Natural Sciences, which is a neat little museum that I had completely forgotten about. I used to go there when I was a little girl and loved looking at the rocks, minerals and seashells.


After that Paw-Paw suggested we hit the Sea Center in Lake Jackson - we always enjoy going there.


Then we ate some yummy fried shrimp at Rudy Roo's. I was cracking up because I had pulled the tails off Spencer's shrimp so he didn't have to deal with them, and at the end he was making me dig out the remaining pieces of meat from the tails. No DNA test needed to know that's my son!

My cousin Allen's daughter, Bethany, was having a birthday party at a gym that afternoon and she was nice enough to invite Spencer when they found out we'd be in town. It was such a fun place to have a party - there was gymnastics stuff, a trampoline, rock wall, bounce house, ping pong, air hockey and more. Aunt Renee went with us and we got to visit with Aunt Sandra, Uncle Bubba, Allen, Sarah, Jennifer and all of their kids.
On Sunday we visited my cousin Pam and her family. It was a great family-filled weekend!

No comments: