Friday, February 15, 2013

My Funny Valentine

Instead of exchanging valentines at Nature's Way, the kids were to make a valentine at home with their family and bring it to school to show their classmates. I had all sorts of ideas about Spencer's valentine, but learned the lesson (again) that sometimes you just have to let the child lead. While working on it, he excitedly grabbed a brown marker and drew a big blob in the center of the heart. He explained it was poop... because he loves that he learned to poop in the potty. And to make sure everyone understood what it was, he spelled it out in sticker letters. He was proud of his work and so were we. It might not be the fancy, glittery, Pinterest-worthy creation I had envisioned, but it was from the heart and that's the best kind of valentine!


And speaking of things from the heart, I just don't see how anything can be better than a homemade valentine from your child. Just makes me so sentimental. I will cherish this heart forever.
 


No comments: