Sunday, November 18, 2012

What I Want to Remember About Today

Spencer and I went on a long hike today, just the two of us. I want to always remember the effortless way he took his jet backpack on and off, either to add a treasure to our collection or to get a drink from his water bottle. His super loud, raspy "whisper" voice while we were tracking a snake (it was actually a bicycle tire track that we pretended was made by a giant snake). The way we left clues to help find our way back - either rock stacks or arrows made from sticks pointing us in the right direction. How he told me he was okay when he tripped and fell down because he has "strong skin." The way every so often he would take my hand, not because he needed help navigating a tricky incline or fallen tree, but just because.


2 comments:

Patty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patty said...

Pictures are great, but word pictures say so much more. Love it!