Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween Part II

After the Fall Festival yesterday, Spencer and I went to Target to buy the DVD "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" since we never seem to catch it on TV. We watched it together and I think he liked it. What's funny is it's not nearly as good (to me) as I remembered... But it felt like a big moment to watch such an iconic movie with my boy.

What was Daddy up to while we were hanging out? Well, in early in October, Spencer announced that he had decided what Daddy should be for Halloween: A hotdog. Now, I don't know a lot of daddies who would (or could!) sew themselves a hotdog costume just to please their kiddo. But Dave is that kind of Daddy and we are so lucky! So yesterday afternoon he created a hotdog bun and mustard tie. He also made Spencer's awesome papier mache mask and my burglar accessories.


 When he was finished, we set the scene and all got ready to trick-or-treat in our neighborhood.

 
We were out and about for almost two hours. Spencer collected a whole lot of candy. We stopped at a house down the street to visit with some neighbors, and Spencer and I sat on the driveway so he could sample several pieces of candy. Snickers, Butterfinger, Smarties... they all got a thumbs down. But he did enjoy a yummy homemade cookie that our neighbor gave him. He still just doesn't really care for candy. The other day we gave him a Tootsie Roll Pop and he asked, "How do I eat this?" Oh and speaking of candy, Dave and I get such a kick out of how he says M&Ms. It comes out something like "Inna Ems."

We didn't take a lot of pictures this year for some reason (here's a short little video when we left the house), but I can tell you that Spencer was a pro at trick-or-treating and the only time he got scared was when a huge dog ran out barking at everyone. There's one house on our street that has lots of creepy things in the yard - zombies, spooky music playing, etc. - and he still just marched right up to the door, while I was making myself be brave (I just knew something was going to jump out at us!).
 

Hope you had a ghoulishly fun Halloween!

No comments: