Friday, December 16, 2011

Sick People and Computers, Plus a Train Exhibit

Oh my stars! Where has this month gone? The last week has been nutty. First, Spencer stayed home from school last Friday because he said his tummy was hurting. He ended up "spitting up" as we say several times throughout the day and night, but seemed fine the next day. He got to hang out on the couch watching Frosty, Rudolph and all sorts of fun stuff so he didn't mind being sick. Then around midnight Sunday/Monday, I got hit with whatever he had. It. Was. Bad. And then Spencer had a little relapse Monday night. Poor Dave was such an MVP taking care of us and everything else, including my computer, while trying to fight a touch of the bug himself. Yes, my computer crashed - that's the other reason I've been absent from the blog. But now we are slowly getting back up to speed and determined to squeeze every bit of holiday magic out of the next week!

Jenni and I took Spencer to a neat model train exhibit downtown on Sunday. There were lots of trains to look at, plus Spencer was able to "drive" one for a few minutes and he thought that was really neat. Afterwards, we got some hot chocolate and a sandwich. It was a super fun afternoon with Jenni! I hope this video works the way I've uploaded directly here...


On the way home, Jenni had the awesome idea of stopping at a business on S. Lamar that has a bunch of old fashioned lawn decorations in their front lawn - including the elusive Baby Jesus display! Yes, Spencer has been on the lookout for Baby Jesus and I'm glad Jenni was able to help us fulfill that request.


We have more holiday activities scheduled this weekend and I promise to update the blog sooner rather than later!


No comments: