Sunday, December 18, 2011

Wimberley Trail of Lights


Thanks to a hot tip from Ella's mommy, we ventured over to the Wimberley Trail of Lights this evening. What a neat display! I loved the small town feel of it, too. We could barely keep up with Spencer - he was flitting around from one thing to the next and had zero interest in posing next to the pretty lights. So we didn't make it home with many pics. I think the first one below captures the vibe of the evening!

As a bonus, we drove by a live nativity at a church in Wimberley. Even though it was already after 7:00, we just had to stop. Spencer loves hearing the story of the Baby Jesus and I had actually been trying to find a live nativity in Austin. We lucked out!
Spence fell asleep on the drive home and we pulled off another car-to-bed transfer. Until recently we thought those were the stuff of legends and fairy tales. I honestly could not imagine ever being able to move my sleeping boy from a car to his bed - sleep has always been so tricky for us. Holding that big boy in my arms tonight made me almost get weepy. He's growing up so fast and getting so heavy that sometimes I wonder how much longer I'll be able to tote him around. Gotta keep soaking that up while I can - and lift weights! 

2 comments:

The Mitchell Family said...

Wimberley had definitely been one of our most favorite events this season! Glad you guys enjoyed it! AND, I was just thinking about you this afternoon as I took a sleeping Ella from the car - of course she woke up, and I thought, "How does Susan get Spencer to stay asleep???" Crossing my fingers it eventually works out for us too someday!

Patty said...

These posts raise my Christmas spirit a hundred-fold!