Friday, June 3, 2011

"I Know the Secrets That You Keep..."

"...when you're talkin' in your sleep." I know some of you will get my 80s reference. :) Spencer has been sleeping with us a lot lately (okay, pretty much every night starting sometime after midnight, but it's okay). I didn't realize how much he talks in his sleep. Here are a few quotes just from last night:
  • "Do we have chicken and ketchup?"
  • "MAC-AND-CHEESE!" (This was said very loudly and with a lot of gusto...sounds like someone needs a bedtime snack before he hits the hay.)
  • "Ohhhhhhhhhhh where is it? I think Daddy took it. I can't find it."
  • "Get it!" (This was said in a somewhat, shall we say, demonic voice...)
He also cries out a lot saying things like "No no no!" or "Stop it!" Dave is not surprised that Spencer's a sleep talker because he's put up with my nighttime shenanigans for years.

Since I don't have a sleep talking picture, I will end this post with a picture that just makes me smile - so much joy in this moment. Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Patty said...

Precious picture and clever photographer! I talk in my sleep too, even answer myself sometime!

janice said...

Such a cute picture! What is it with little boys and flying capes??? Do they know they are our super heroes???