Friday, May 2, 2014

Lost Oasis Cave Preserve

I accompanied Spencer's class on an amazing field trip yesterday to the Lost Oasis Cave Preserve. Check out these adorable preschool spelunkers all geared-up and ready to go:


That's half of Spencer's class above. We were in two groups since the cave couldn't accomodate all 8 Iguanodons at once. First, Ms. Kate from the Austin Nature and Science Center entered the cave, followed by Ms. Kelly. I stayed up top to help the kids get in, then I followed last. I wasn't so sure I was going to fit, but I squeezed through the opening...


I took a few pictures inside with my phone, but of course the quality is not great. You can at least get an idea of what we experienced.


I just love how Spencer and Rex are holding onto each other in the photo above. Such sweeties! We saw lots of cave crickets and even a frog. We had to crawl around a lot because the cave is pretty shallow. Definitely not for the claustrophobic folks out there!


When we were finished, we went on a nice hike with our director, Ms. Bonnie, while the other half of the class explored the cave. I can't believe our time at NWPS will end next week. I can hardly bear to think about it!

No comments: