Tuesday, December 10, 2013

November Backtrack: Barton Creek & Wahoo

I was organizing photos Sunday night and realized I missed a few blogging opportunities.

In early November we had a ton of rain in Austin. Flooding in fact (which we happened to sleep through and when I saw photos from around town the next morning like this one, I was sure they were jokes.) Spencer and I took the opportunity to see the Barton Creek Greenbelt full of water - a first in his lifetime!

What usually looks like this...
Turned into a completely different landscape...

We *may* have climbed a fence to get in there, but I think that was more to keep bicyclists out.




When we got home from our adventure, I introduced Spencer to a Rives family tradition: Wahoo. I grew up playing this game with my mom and our best friends Lolly and Don. In fact, they made this custom board for Dave and me for our wedding - Lolly painted a longhorn and a little graphic from our wedding invitations. Spencer caught on fast and we had fun playing. We can't wait to play with Lolly and Don one day!


No comments: