Thursday, January 10, 2013

Learning the Gift of Giving

Right before Christmas, I took Spencer shopping to pick out a birthday gift for Daddy. As we were strolling through Target, Spencer saw a NASA t-shirt and gasped, "I KNOW Daddy would LOVE that!" It was seriously so sweet and genuine that I almost started crying right in the middle of Target. He also selected some flannel pajama bottoms with dogs on them. I could tell he was proud of these gifts. And he was right - Daddy loved the shirt and pj's!

The next day, Geep took Spencer shopping to find Christmas gifts for us. He even took his own money from his piggybank! Beside learning how neat it is to buy presents for people, he got a lot of practice with keeping a secret since he had to try to hold it in for a couple of days. We were so excited to open our gifts Christmas morning and find iPhone covers - blue for Daddy, hot pink for me. They are absolutely perfect!


Funny story—on Christmas Eve we were driving somewhere and I asked Dave what he thought he was going to do with some money my Dad gave him. Spencer said, "I know he's NOT going to buy an iPhone cover...." So he almost kept the secret!

No comments: