Sunday, June 24, 2012

Canoeing on Town Lake

Yeah, I know it's Lady Bird Lake now, but whatever you choose to call it, Saturday morning was our first time as a family unit to take a canoe out on the lake. We set off relatively early, but it was probably 10:00 AM before we hit the water, and man oh man, that sun started beating down around 10:45 or 11:00 and Spencer said he was ready to go back to shore.


Canoeing on the lake is one of those Austin experiences that when you do it, you keep asking yourself, "Why don't we ever do this??" Anyway, we saw lots of turtles, fish, some ducks, a couple of swans and of course loads of hydrilla. Spencer was such a gentleman, remembering not to move around too much or lean over the side and he helped paddle from time to time. It was a super way to start the weekend!

p.s. Spencer got sick again Friday night. He woke up around 10:00 PM and puked more than I thought one preschooler was capable of! But it was one-n-done, so I think his dinner just didn't agree with him. (I think his tummy is a little off because of the antibiotics from the last illness.) Anyway, when I was cleaning him up in the bathroom, he said in the sweetest, sleepiest little voice, "I like canoeing..." He was already thinking about our Saturday morning plans, and when I told him that we'd have to see how he was feeling the next morning, he started to cry a little bit. I'm glad we didn't have to disappoint our little guy.

1 comment:

The Mitchell Family said...

Love the pics and how fun!!!! I sadly have no doubt if we took E canoeing, she would end up in the river! Maybe in a year...