Monday, April 18, 2011

Quotable Quotes

I write down some of the funny, cute or smart things Spencer says. Here are a couple from last week.
  • When asked if he wanted some water: "Ummmmm, I'm fine."
  • "I don't want no _______." This could be anything from a diaper, to clothes, to dinner. I guess toddlers don't know about double negatives! 
  • He uses the word "actually" a lot now, for example, "Actually, that's a ___________."
  • "That's my mommy!" He pointed me out to another kid at playground yesterday. I loved that!
  • "That's a Brachiosaurus." Or, "That's a Pteranodon." Somebody loves watching Dinosaur Train.
Yesterday we went on a nice family walk at Town Lake. We told Spencer that if he took a good nap he would have a surprise when he woke up. He took a long nap, and five seconds after waking up he was asking for his surprise. We found a shady spot to rest and I pulled out some soft pretzels (you know, the big yummy kind) for us to eat. When we finished the pretzels, Spencer said, "Where's my surprise?!?"

So Daddy came to rescue and offered a trip to Amy's Ice Creams on our way home. That was more like it!

free graphic for myspace


Editor's note: I just have to add a conversation from dinner tonight.
Spencer: "Tomorrow after nap... We. Will. Go. To. The. Museum."
Daddy: "Which museum? The dinosaur museum?"
Spencer: "Probably not. Probably just the Bob Bullock Museum."

No comments: