Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Orange-White Game

We took Spencer to the Orange-White Game on Sunday. We started with a pre-game meal at Texadelphia, then met our friend Brian at the stadium. When we arrived, the Silver Spurs pulled up with Bevo in his big trailer and we got to see him get unloaded.


Then we found some seats and let Spencer soak up his first visit to Daryl K. Royal - Texas Memorial Stadium. He didn't understand why we couldn't go onto the field but was content listening to the band and watching the first 9 minutes or so of the scrimmage.

Then I took him downstairs and we wandered around and eventually found Ken, Nicole and Sarah. I think getting to check out Bevo at a pretty close distance was the highlight for these two.

By the way, I think I'm going to open a new fitness bootcamp where people can carry Spencer up and down the stadium steps. I thought I was going to pass out by the time we got back to our seats!

We left after the first half and Spencer told us he wanted to nap. So Dave drove us around for an hour. When we got home, Spencer wanted me to carry him inside to our bedroom, where he promptly lay down and went back to sleep for almost an hour. Unprecedented!

(Note: I'm experimenting with smaller photos - you can click them to see full-size images.)

No comments: