Sunday, November 14, 2010

Little Helper

Spencer and I made chicken enchiladas for dinner last night. He filled the tortillas with chicken, cheese and spinach leaves and I rolled 'em up. He is such a good little helper in the kitchen. He shows such an interest when I'm cooking that I try to let him climb up and observe or help when possible, even though I must admit at times I just want to shoo him out of there so I can hurry up and be done! But slowing down and being in the moment is what it's all about, right? And it's usually pretty fun.



Since we're on the subject of food, I have to say how funny it is to look back at all the worrying I did over Spencer's eating months ago. I was sure I had a picky eater on my hands (which most certainly was a result of some grave error I made in introducing foods!), when in fact he was just not ready to branch out until recently. Now he will at least try just about anything we offer him, and he usually likes it. I think he's hitting a growth spurt because the boy has been putting away some groceries!

1 comment:

Patty said...

It appears to me he has been on one continuous growth spurt!