Monday, March 31, 2014

March Catch-Up: Spring Break

I don't want catch-ups to be the new norm for the blog, but that's how it's working out lately. Things are kind of crazy around here, which I'll explain in a separate post at some point. But for now, Spring Break!

Paw-Paw came in the first weekend of Spring Break and we took him to see the LEGO Movie. It was my first time, too. I enjoyed it but Paw-Paw spent a little time snoozing. I took off Monday and Tuesday so Spencer and I could have some quality time. On Monday, we went to the Austin Zoo to say "Hi" to all of our friends, like Cesar the lion. Then we went to Boardwalk Burgers for lunch, had a quick rest, then headed to Hoppin' House for classmate Ivy's birthday party. It was a great day!



On Tuesday, Spencer and I went to the Austin Star of Texas Rodeo Carnival. Boy, did we have fun! It was the third year in a row we've gone, but the first without Daddy. We missed him! We both had a wristband to ride all the rides. Spencer rode the biggest roller coaster he's been on so far (The Caterpillar, I think? that's it in the selfie below). Probably his favorite thing was going thru the 3 fun houses over and over and over.

This year he didn't feel like doing the petting zoo or any of the "fair" activities - just the carnival. Of course we made time for a corn dog and lemonade. And a few total ripoff games.


I noticed Spencer was quite brave this time around. He seriously contemplated riding a big ride that spins and goes backward (there was a ride like this at the Brazoria County Fair when I was growing up and it was my favorite!). After debating a bit, he decided to ride a very similar one in the kiddie section that was a little calmer, but still went backwards and made me motion sick. :)



Spencer spent Wednesday, Thursday and Friday with Geep and Pop in San Antonio. They saw the Mr. Peabody & Sherman movie, which Spencer deemed "too intense." They also did fun stuff like visiting the Witte Museum and checking out a sand sculpture competition at the Botanical Gardens. This was the first time Spencer has ever called us from San Antonio kind of acting like he wanted to come home. It tugged at this mama's heart, but once he and I chatted he perked back up. He always has so much fun with Geep and Pop, so I wasn't worried.



I got sick while Spencer was gone, so when he got back Friday he and Daddy spent a lot of time together - during the weekend, too. They got some good re-connect time.

It was a fantastic Spring Break!

No comments: