Monday, August 19, 2013

Fun Weekend

Daddy and Spencer spent all day together Saturday because I was having a girls' weekend with Susan, Susan and Jenni. They headed to Butler Park early that morning for some remote control car action. Then they tried the Pitch and Putt course for the first time. Spencer absolutely loved playing "real" golf.

We hit another milestone on Sunday: First movie in a theater! I know Spencer has gone to a couple of IMAX movies, but Planes was his first full-length film in a theater. He liked it and said he wants to go see it again.
After the movie there was a quick stop at Amy's Ice Creams next door followed by browsing at TreeHouse. Most 4-year-olds love looking at cabinetry, back splashes and faucets, right? I think he could spend hours in there. Cracks me up.
And this picture is actually from Thursday evening, but I had to share. What a grown-up looking little prep. Be still my heart! And if you can believe, he styled that outfit. He wanted to wear a "nice shirt" to go with those "nice shorts." And of course the ever-present driving moccasins. We are on the hunt for a new pair - these (which were hand-me-downs from our friend Camp, as are the shorts in this pic) are showing a lot of wear-and-tear and are getting too small.


Hard to believe he's not starting kindergarten this year. Just looking so big lately. Love him!

No comments: