Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

Dave and Spencer treated me to the nicest Mother's Day. First, they served me a cup of coffee in bed which I leisurely sipped while they wrapped my gift. (Confession: I slipped into the bathroom to flat-iron my hair for a minute because it looked crazy and there would be pictures!!) Then Spencer excitedly presented my surprises - a beautiful green scarf and lavender sweater. He picked out both and I love them. He also made me a pretty picture and painted a flowerpot for me at school.


I had requested breakfast at Bouldin Creek Cafe - so off we went. Yum! We had to wait a little while, but Spencer was very patient and ran around outside and we made up games to pass the time.

When we were finishing breakfast, I was remembering how we had eaten there last Mother's Day and went to The Natural Gardener afterward, and that sounded so nice that we headed there next. There's so much to see - beautiful plants, flowers and gardens of course, but also chickens, goats, and donkeys. Dave captured our official Mother's Day 2013 photo and then bought me a super cute hat!


Next on the agenda: frozen yogurt! Man, was I spoiled today or what??


After that we headed home for special treat. We bought a video camera right after Spencer was born, but we've never had the proper cable to download the videos or watch them on our TV. Dave ordered one last week, so this afternoon we watched a bunch of footage from 2009 - Spencer's first time in a pool, first boat ride, lots of bouncing in his jumper, 1st birthday and 2nd Christmas. It was fun, sweet and surreal - seems like a lifetime ago. Spencer got a big kick out it, too.We even saw my mom a couple of times and heard her talking off camera once, so that made it really sentimental and was great timing since I'm missing her so much today. (Sidebar: Why why why didn't we take some videos of my mom?? I know she hated being on camera, but I'd give anything to go back in time to do that. Ugh!)

Our final activity was dinner at our favorite Indian place, then home for Spencer's bedtime. When I tucked him in, Spencer said something like, "Thank you God for sending me to be my mommy's son." Swoon. It was a wonderful day filled with gratitude and love! I have the best husband and son a girl could ask for!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You definitely deserve all that "spoiling".