Friday, October 5, 2012

Last Day of 3

As I'm doing some final preparations for Spencer's party tomorrow, I'm feeling so sentimental about our sweet boy's birth. It's strange how an event can feel simultaneously like a million years ago and also just like yesterday. At this precise time in 2008, Dave and I were in the weeds big time, working hard (they don't call it labor for nothing) at getting "Ziggy" into the world. Bet you forgot his in utero nickname, huh? When he emerged, "Ziggy" became "Spencer" and then our world changed forever. I laugh when I think about how during my pregnancy I would tell people that I couldn't imagine loving my baby more than my cats - I would love them all equally. Talk about naive!

Cut to 3 years, 364 days later and we're about to celebrate our little boy's fourth birthday. I love him in the whole world and the meteorites, as he likes to say. Every day with my Spencie is a gift and I look forward to celebrating him tomorrow and seeing what's in store for my little four-year-old.