Monday, January 23, 2012

Catching up on Quotes

I found some old Spencer quotes on my desk today that I thought I'd include with some more recent ones. No pics, just some funny, sweet memories.

From way back in January 2011:
  • "I love the new showerhead."
  • "This is my home." (Just said this out of the blue one day, very sweetly.)
  • While looking in the hallway mirror: "I love my new shirt. I am handsome!" (Healthy self-image I suppose...)
2011, I'm guessing April/May:
  • Announced proudly to a kid on the playground: "That's my mommy!"
  • "I don't want no _____." We used to hear this often. Those double negatives are tricky.
  • Uses the word "actually" a lot. (Actually, this is still true today.)
Some sleep-talking comments from June 2011:
  • "Do we have chicken and ketchup?"
  • "Mac-n-cheese!" (Going to bed hungry?)
  • In a frustrated voice: "Oooohhhhh where is it? I think Daddy took it. I can't find it!"
November 2011:
  • After his 3-year well check (and a vax): "It's so hard that they shot me."
  • "Hey Mommy! I need to tell you something. My poop was big and round like a meatball!" (I realize that is TMI, but c'mon - it's funny!!)
  • While looking at my feet, he pointed to some veins and asked what they were.
    Me: "When you're older, sometimes you can see your veins."
    Spencer (looking SO puzzled): "YOU'RE OLDER??!!"
January 2012:
  • After a trip to the library with Daddy, he told me about a neat book they read called Where the Terrible Things Live. Daddy clarified that they had read Where the Wild Things Are.
  • I bought some fiber snacks called Monkey Bars. He took a bite and when I asked him how they tasted he replied, "Like monkey." After taking a bite, too, I had to agree.
  • Spencer: "Hey! That looks like a long, nekkid dinosaur."
    Daddy: "Nekkid?"
    Spencer, gesturing: "You know, like a brontasaurus, a loooooong-nekkid dinosaur."
  • We were talking about space and the moon during our drive home from Angleton yesterday. I told him that astronauts have been in space and walked on the moon. He wanted to know some names. When I mentioned John Glenn (yeah, I guess I need to brush up on my space program history...), his eyes got huge and he asked, "You mean Geep's brother?!" Hated to disappoint him, but Uncle Glenn has not in fact traveled to the moon (yet).
  • "I love you in the whole world. I love you in the whole world in the sky." This is his way of saying how much he loves us.
  • This morning he woke me up by saying, "Good morning little mama!" Sigh...
Now we are up to date with Spencer sayings! Except for one I'm hanging on to for a future music post...

2 comments:

The Mitchell Family said...

Good morning little mama!!!!!!! I love that!

Stevie B said...

I seriously laughed out loud reading the quotes.