Monday, August 8, 2011

C-E-R-V-E-Z-A

We went out for Mexican food tonight. Spencer pointed to one of the neon signs above the bar and said, "C-E-R-V-E-Z-A. Beer!" Another proud moment in parenting. :)

I found a stack of Spencer quotes that I never blogged, so here's a few more recent (and not so recent) memorable things that have come out of our boy's mouth.
  • Calls pop-tarts "parp-tarts" and popsicles "icicles."
  • Invented a couple of new games, including Toe Chair (you touch your toe to a chair); Dinosaur Roar (run around in a circle then roar like a dino); Jump and Hide (you can probably figure out that one). These are in addition to our all-time favorite You Stay Here, I'll Go Find You.
  • Spencer was playing cars and I was sitting in a chair looking at a magazine. He closed my magazine and said, "You're done." (This is an oldie from back in December.)
  • Mommy: "What should we get Pop for his birthday?"
    Spencer: "An ice cream cone?
  • "What's a mermaid? Did we see one at the zoo?"
  • "I certainly like this plant."
  • Mommy: "Do you remember how you and Grannie used to put birdseed in her yard for the birds?
    Spencer: "I do remember. That was fun. I love her." (Spencer has said a lot of sweet things about Grannie lately, but I think I'll save those for another day...)
  • "This certainly is a nice smoothie, Mommy. I like pineapples."
  • "I hope they bring hummus." (While waiting for Kristin, Jeff and Luke to come over for brunch.)
  • "Mommy, you're such a sweet mommy."
  • "Did it snow last night?" (Said the second he opened his eyes one hot July morning.)
  • Mommy: "I think you're an artist."
    Spencer: "No, I'm a cowboy."

1 comment:

The Mitchell Family said...

These posts are some of my most very favorite!