Thursday, May 19, 2011

Pickles and Drums

Just a few more recent quotes. Talking with Spencer is such a blast!
  • While driving down S. Lamar with the windows down: "What's that smell? Is it BACON?!"
  • "Ooooh! I like this water. It makes me... it makes me very thirsty." 
  • Spencer (after they turned at a light): "Daddy, was the light still green?
    Dave: "Yes it sure was."
    Spencer: Oh Daddy, you're so smart!"
  • "Uh, sure." This is a common response to questions. Very casual. :)
  • While pretending to talk on an old cell phone: "I need to order a cheese pizza. I need to order pickles and drums."
  • Responding when I asked if he wanted some water: "Ummmmm, I'm fine." (It's obvious he picks up on some of our common phrases.)
  • While building an aquarium out of cardboard bricks with Geep: "I'm working on it. I'm gonna be done in 30 minutes." (I actually just overheard this as I was typing this blog entry.)
  • When I was putting Spencer to bed the other night, he started telling me a story about a polar bear that went something like this: "There was a polar bear with sharp teeth, sharp eyes, sharp nose, sharp claws, sharp toenails. And there was a monster in the polar bear's room but he was just wearing a costume."
On a side note, monsters seem to be a hot topic lately - Spencer will tell me he doesn't want to go into a room because he saw a monster. He says it in kind of a fun way though - like it's a game. A couple of books we read a lot have monsters in them. I try to make sure he knows they are costumes or just pretend and of course not scary, but they are making an impression I guess.

And I will close with this sweet picture of my boys having breakfast while I was in Santa Monica. Love these guys!!

2 comments:

The Mitchell Family said...

I love these posts! And you have to remember these things....I mean, someday when he is a teenager and thinks you know nothing, you can smile and remember when he thought you were brilliant for knowing to turn on a green light!

Patty said...

No matter what, when you update Suspenceful Stories, it puts a big smile on my face!!