Monday, January 3, 2011

First Blog Update of 2011

We had a laid-back New Year's Eve. Geep spent the day with Spencer while Dave worked and I ran a few errands and even sneaked in a manicure. That evening, Spencer got squeaky clean before bedtime, then Dave and I just ate dinner, had some bubbly and watched a movie to ring in 2011. It was just what the doctor ordered after the busy Christmas season.

Daddy took Spencer's stats Sunday morning: 32.5 pounds and 37 inches tall. It feels like he's really growing up right now and becoming such a big boy.

I've been slacking on jotting down some of the things he says that make me smile, but here's one fresh on my mind from tonight. I was reading him a book before bedtime that described all the things the main character likes to do: painting, building sandcastles, playing with friends, etc. I asked Spencer, "Who are some of your friends?" He paused, grinned and said, "My grandmothers." I know a couple of ladies who are going to enjoy that answer!

1 comment:

Patty said...

OH MY...I'll certainly cherish that thought! Sweet guy.