Monday, September 13, 2010

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

In an act of desperation, I took Spencer to a children's hair salon Saturday evening. Our friend Tracy has given him a trim twice before, but his hair seemed to have gotten out of control almost overnight. We're talking the Nick Nolte mugshot times 10! I wasn't sure when we'd be able to hook up with Tracy, so I took a chance. I think it looks pretty cute, but I'm not sure how technically great a haircut it is.

At first he was not too sure about the whole setup, but I can't blame him because I wasn't sure either! The salon pretty much embodied everything I despise about the kid industry. But for $17.95 + tip, Spencer got to sit in a fire truck and watch a DVD while he got his hair cut, then play with a big train set afterward. In fact, I didn't think I was going to pry him away from those trains. Luckily the receptionist saw I was having trouble getting him to leave, so she gave him a bunch of stickers and we were on our way. He is definitely looking more like a big boy now with his new shorter 'do.