Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Hook 'Em!

While Grannie and I were hanging out with Spencer on game day last weekend, I remembered that Aunt Janice and Uncle Gary gave him an adorable suede vest and chaps when he was born. After I put the vest on him, I called Dave in to take some pictures. All of a sudden Spencer decided to take 7 or 8 steps in a row - a first! So we captured his first big move in photos. It should be noted that he was walking toward his Bevo, also a gift from Janice and Gary (who, by the way, are Red Raiders). Hook 'Em!


Grannie stayed with us for 6 days last week, and PawPaw joined us for the weekend. Then we headed to Pine Fork to spend Labor Day with Geep and Pop. Spencer is lucky to get so much time with his grandparents!

In case you missed it, Spencer turned 11 months old this week. He has 8 teeth, and his canines are coming in now, too. He seems to be in some discomfort from those bad boys. One of his new favorite foods is mashed avocado. He also likes to tell you that a cow says, "Mmmmmmmmm!"

2 comments:

The Mitchell Family said...

Oh my - walking!! Man the fort, I think your ride is really about to get wild!!! That Heisman pic is tooooo funny!!!

The Mitchell Family said...

Also - I love the third pic of him walking - your mom face of excitement and anticipation is priceless!